- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fuck you - pay me

Once again I must ask: what is it with some women? Of the people who act as though they have some sort of immunity from having to pay their rent and bills and who treat it all with such casual indifference - in my experience - have all been female. Seemingly normal in other respects they just don't think that they should have to pay anything other than a token amount - the burden for their existence apparently should fall on everyone except them. Wanting them to pay their share is, to these people, a grossly offensive and completely unreasonable, illegal demand.

The following email exchange, unfortunately all happened in real life and came at the end of a very, tiresomely long list of excuses, threats, made-up legal opinions, pleading and, as you will see below, being a female, an attempted manipulative, emotional appeal that gets the treatment it deserves:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [Male]
Sent: Thu 9/03/2006 6:50 p.m.
To: [Female]
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: FW:


"I've managed to get 700 tonight.
thats all i can do"

You said that at 6:10pm when at 3:28pm you said:

"i have got 200, and that's literally all that i have."

At this rate you will have [the full amount owed] by 4:30pm tomorrow and everything will be sweet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 9/03/2006, at 6:54 PM, [Female] wrote:

actually no.
the extra 500 is from doing something im really very not proud of
i'd rather sleep under a bridge than do it again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [Male]
Sent: Thu 9/03/2006 7:19 p.m.
To: [Female]
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: FW:


Well you better charge [the balance owing] for the next job and cope with not feeling proud if you want to keep living here, or tell me what bridge to forward your mail to.

I don't want stories I want [the full amount owed] by 4:30pm tomorrow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say she only paid enough to give her time to get out - still owing more than the bond covered - leaving behind piles of filth that took the landlord two trips in the ute to get rid of and dozens of letters from creditors and fines notices. Good riddance to smelly rubbish. The only good thing to come of it being a neat retort to "I'd rather sleep under a bridge..."

This is a cautionary tale most appropriately summed up in the old Maori proverb:

Loose bitches need short leashes.

12 Comments:

At 22/3/06 9:15 am, Blogger Little Red Riding Hood said...

What a generalisation!!
Mind you I haven't paid my rent for 3 weeks - blame studylink :)

 
At 22/3/06 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 22/3/06 11:55 am, Blogger Bomber said...

Oh, it's a massive generalisation alright. I'm basing it on four examples that I know of personally.

What it comes down to I think is the ability of (some) females to exploit existing relationships. These are particularly selfish females I'm speaking of here - men can be too - I think they go about it in a different way.

I've just thought of another one - slightly different. She said she would move into the flat etc. - it was all arranged - and then she pulled out well after we thought she was moving in meaning we had to re-advertise etc. She didn't really care despite apologising. She had found a better deal and didn't have the gumption to tell us. Perhaps a chronic inability to face facts and an avoidence strategy to hold it's hand.

Here's another generalisation: When a man shakes another man's hand that's a deal - there is an element of trust and expectation of follow-through and commitment to the deal: a bond. When a woman shakes your hand... all you can be sure about is that you will keep your end.

Women don't really have "different rules" they just don't understand the rules. On several occassions I have seen that they are quite willing to threaten to use totally inappropriate measures against people over relatively minor/"emotional" issues just to get their way. This may be seen as a routine manipulation or acceptable blackmail to them. They may have "won" - but in doing so they destroy the trust in a relationship (at least in a male-female one).

To re-cap all females are:
Selfish
Weak
Untrustworthy
:)

 
At 22/3/06 12:01 pm, Blogger Bomber said...

...and all men are prone to generalisations.

 
At 22/3/06 4:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This from someone who hasn't been laid in how long?

 
At 22/3/06 4:13 pm, Blogger Bomber said...

Sorry, RR I have deleted your comment.

One of the parties in the email in question somehow found out about this post and has requested the emails be removed. I don't think there is anything in the emails or accompanying text that can identify this person. However I told them I would deal with it.

To preserve this person's anonymity I will remove all comments that may identify either party. Please keep that in mind for any further comments.

 
At 23/3/06 12:11 am, Blogger Bomber said...

@6:15pm:
"I hear the emails are still up.
As I said.
Remove them."

No, I don't think that you did hear they were still up, I think you looked at them at work at 6:08pm. No-one knows who you are, or cares who you are. I will delete any comments that could possibly identify you.

 
At 23/3/06 4:37 pm, Blogger llew said...

I have had a similar experience. You think you're helping someone out & then you get screwed royally for your trouble (although in more ways than one, which makes them feel less guilty about screwing you financially).

I wrote most of it off to experience in the end & glad to be shot of her.

 
At 23/3/06 7:08 pm, Blogger Little Red Riding Hood said...

Oh well, deal with it, women have a reason for not playing by the rules - men have more money! We're still only getting 84 cents for every dollar that a man earns. ;) Good luck though

 
At 24/3/06 11:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before that bollox set of figures is trotted out, appreciate that statistically women earn less because more work part-time than full-time, compared to men. Show me a man and woman who do the same job and are paid differnently, simply because one has cock and the other doesn't, and i'll show you my pet unicorn.

 
At 26/3/06 9:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Selwyn, your experience mirrors my own. This is the reason why I now live alone in splendid isolation. Just me and my Budgie Osama.

EXOCET

 
At 29/3/06 12:51 pm, Blogger Oswald Bastable said...

I would concur with that generalisation, frommy own experiences!

The trick with generalisations, is that they are generalisations because they are so often right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home